The Primary Section of Divine Intervention School includes six classes from KGI to Class IV. All classes are taught by dedicated confined teachers, each with their own special expertise, and a classroom assistant is also present in every class.
The standard curriculum is followed in every class for English, Maths, Science, Social Science and Mizo. These are supported by a range of additional tools and resources.
Spoken English is cultivated using a variety of innovative techniques including phonics, under the supervision of British teacher Miss Joanna.
Hindi is introduced informally from the earliest age, and is taught formally from Class II onwards. From Class III the classes are taught by specialist teacher Miss Gloria.
Singing happens on a daily basis in every class, and systematic music classes are taught from Class II onwards by Miss Joanna, including staff notation and tonic solfa.
Colouring, drawing and CCE classes provide opportunities to be creative. Students have many opportunities to showcase their talents in a variety of activities and competitions.
The national anthem and Indian pledge are taught and recited regularly in all classes.
All classes gather together for morning devotion on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Class devotions are held on other days. Regular prayer, Bible reading and Bible memory verses are encouraged from the earliest age.
From Class I onwards, class tests take place every week. For each subject, there are three Unit Tests in June, September and December, followed by a Final Unit Exam in March. Class tests, Unit tests, attendance record and ongoing assessment all contribute to the child’s final grade at the end of the year.
Rules and Regulations
- After their first week at school, please do not accompany your children up to the school building. Leave them at the school gate. For any additional requirements please speak to the gatekeeper or Miss Maubuangi before visiting the classrooms directly. At the end of the day, please wait for your children outside the school gate.
- Each child has a homework diary which you should regularly check and sign.
- Please conform to the tiffin requirements set out by each class teacher. Only cooked food is allowed.
- Do not attempt to call the class teachers during teaching hours. Whatsapp and messaging are preferred methods of communication since they do not disturb the class.
- Please inform the class teacher of any absence.