The Middle Section of Divine Intervention School includes four classes from Class V to Class VIII. All classes are taught by specialist teachers, some of whom are also assigned as class teachers.
April to October:
8 a.m. to 1.45 p.m.
October to March:
8.30 a.m. to 2.15 p.m.
The ICSE curriculum is followed in every class for English, Maths, Science, Social Science and Hindi. Science is divided into Physics, Chemistry and Biology from Class VI onwards. Mizo is taught according to the MBSE curriculum.
Every class receives a weekly spoken English lesson from specialist teacher Miss Olivia.
Every class receives a weekly Scripture lesson from our hostel warden and theological graduate, Sir Jehovah.
Systematic music classes including staff notation and tonic solfa are taught from Class II onwards by Miss Joanna, and these will extend to Class VI in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Regular CCE classes provide opportunities to be creative. Students have many opportunities to showcase their talents in a variety of activities and competitions.
The national anthem and Indian pledge are taught and recited regularly.
Class tests take place every week. For each subject, there are three Unit Tests in June, September and December, followed by a Final Unit Exam in March. Class tests, Unit tests, attendance record and ongoing assessment all contribute to the child’s final grade at the end of the year.
Morning devotion is held for Class III to Class X on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Rules and Regulations
- Please avoid coming into the school premises unless it is absolutely necessary. For any additional requirements please speak to the gatekeeper or Miss Maubuangi before visiting the classrooms directly. At the end of the day, please wait for your children outside the school gate.
- Each child has a homework diary which you should regularly check and sign.
- Please conform to the tiffin requirements. Only cooked food is allowed.
- Do not attempt to call the class teachers during teaching hours. Whatsapp and messaging are preferred methods of communication since they do not disturb the class.
- Please inform the class teacher of any absence.