Admission for 2021-2022 is now OPEN. Enquiries are welcome from new and old students for all classes. Admissions Information Page
The Middle Section of Divine Intervention School includes four classes from Class V to Class VIII. All classes are taught by specialist teachers, some of whom are also assigned as class teachers.
8.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The ICSE curriculum is followed in every class for English, Maths, Science, Social Science and Hindi. Science is divided into Physics, Chemistry and Biology from Class VI onwards. Mizo is taught according to the MBSE curriculum.
Every class receives a weekly spoken English lesson from specialist teacher Miss Olivia.
Every class receives regular Scripture lessons from our senior hostel warden.
Music and French are taught by Miss Joanna up to Class VIII.
Regular CCA classes provide opportunities to be creative. Students have many opportunities to showcase their talents in a variety of activities and competitions.
The national anthem and Indian pledge are taught and recited regularly.
Class tests take place every week. For each subject, there are two Unit Exams in June and November, followed by a Final Unit Exam in March. Another Unit of assessment is based on the activities and CCA conducted throughout the year. Class tests, Unit tests, attendance record and ongoing assessment all contribute to the child’s final grade at the end of the year.
Morning devotion is held for Class IV to Class X on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Guest speakers are often invited to lead special worship programmes and retreats.
Rules and Regulations
- Please avoid coming into the school premises unless it is absolutely necessary. For any additional requirements please speak to the gatekeeper or Miss Mabuangi before visiting the classrooms directly. At the end of the day, please wait for your children outside the school gate.
- Class V and VI students have a homework diary which you should regularly check and sign.
- Please conform to the tiffin requirements. Only cooked food is allowed.
- Do not attempt to call the class teachers during teaching hours. Whatsapp and messaging are preferred methods of communication since they do not disturb the class.
- Please inform the class teacher of any absence.