The High Section of Divine Intervention School includes Class IX and Class X. All classes are taught by specialist teachers, some of whom are also assigned as class teachers.
April to October:
8 a.m. to 1.45 p.m. (with extended hours for Class X)
October to March:
8.30 a.m. to 2.15 p.m. (with extended hours for Class X)
The MBSE curriculum is followed in every class for English, Maths, Science, Social Science and Mizo taught by specialist teachers. Science is divided into Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Regular CCE classes provide opportunities to be creative. Students have many opportunities to showcase their talents in a variety of activities and competitions.
The national anthem and Indian pledge are taught and recited regularly.
Class tests take place every week. For each subject, there are three Unit Tests in June, September and December, followed by a Final Unit Exam in March. Class tests, Unit tests, attendance record and ongoing assessment all contribute to the students’ final Class X grade which is combined with their performance in the state-wide MBSE exams in April.
Morning devotion is held for Class III to Class X on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Rules and Regulations
- Please avoid coming into the school premises unless it is absolutely necessary. For any additional requirements please speak to the gatekeeper or Miss Maubuangi before visiting the classrooms directly. At the end of the day, please wait for your children outside the school gate.
- Each child has a homework diary which you should regularly check and sign.
- Please conform to the tiffin requirements. Only cooked food is allowed.
- Do not attempt to call the class teachers during teaching hours. Whatsapp and messaging are preferred methods of communication since they do not disturb the class.
- Please inform the class teacher of any absence.